Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I think I can...

I did it...I got on the scale and realized that I am in need of a serious makeover. I continue to lose the same twenty pounds over and over. I don't crave cheeseburgers or pizza. My nemesis is...sugar! I love it all. I don't discriminate when it comes to cakes, pies, candy, ice cream, chocolate whatever! It's all wonderful and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I have never been skinny a day in my life. I'm what you'd call "big boned" Ha! I'm sort of okay with that. Maybe it's not a matter of being okay with it. I have realistic ideas about my weight. My body was, simple put, not created for the skinny jeans :) 

Lately I've been consumed with my health. The clock is ticking and my body feels like an eighty year old. I've got 2 torn discs in my lower back and a bad knee. The pain is horrible!  This extra weight I've been caring around is making things much worse. I've got to do something now. 

My biggest fear is not being able to pick up my son and swing him around. I don't want to miss out on the giggles and laugher because I'm not able to run around and play catch with him. I also don't want to be an embarrassment to him when he gets older. I don't want to be a fat mom! That sounds terrible...I know. 

So, I've been going to the gym more lately. I've been swimming and taking aqua classes. I can really see a difference. I've lost about 6 lbs so far. It's a good start. I'm trying to set realistic goal for myself. I think I can....I think I can...

2 comments:

ER-Nurse said...

Good for you girl! Sugar is my nemesis as well. I did some swimming when I was pregnant and its so much nicer on the joints :) Good luck beautiful :)

Carrie said...

You go girl!!!

pass some of that discipline to me, please.